When we aren’t busy thinking of skiing, food and wine are next on our minds. No ski holiday is complete without a well-deserved slap-up feast after a busy day on the mountain, and we like ours to be four courses long with hand-picked wines to match.
In fact, 10 days before visiting our luxury European chalets, every group of guests receives a call from our chefs to find out their foodie likes, dislikes and requirements, so if you’re allergic to nuts, but nuts about meat, then we’ve got it covered.
Here are 10 examples of our favourite mouth-watering dishes from last season to get your tastebuds tingling…
1. Hearty, hot and gooey: Spike’s mini cheese and onion pasties are the perfect canapé after a vin chaud or two at après ski.
2. A favourite with guests year after year, Matt’s cream cheese and parmesan puffs taste even better than they look.
3. A classic with a twist, we guarantee you’ll want to take home a jar of Dean’s home made chutney after trying this.
4. You have never had anything like Sy’s pan fried red mullet fillet before…
5. …nor Dean’s pork tenderloin wrapped in parma ham! Yum. Is your mouth watering yet?
6. It may not look like traditional mountain food, but a tasty tuna carpaccio with chinese radish is fresh, light, and melts in your mouth. It also leaves you ready for a guilt-free indulgent dessert…
7. …such as Sy’s white chocolate and blueberry cheesecake. Eat yours quickly, you’ll want to pinch your neighbour’s too.
8. Nick’s trio of chocolate comprises a warm chocolate brownie, iced white chocolate parfait and a milk chocolate shake. What more could you want?
9. What a masterpiece… Spike’s pastry covered amaretto poached pear with chocolate sauce. Almost too pretty to eat. But do… you’ll be missing out if you don’t.
10. And finally, one for the kids. Chalet chef June loves to keep the children entertained at high tea, helping them make their own pizzas and burgers on days in between kid-friendly meals of roast chicken, meatballs or spaghetti bolognese.